Sunday, February 6, 2011

Holocron Entry 12

"Today is Sunday. And on Sunday.."

I remember that Ulrich from this cartoon, Code Lyoko said that when he and his friends were having some sort of conversation in one of them's room. I still like Code Lyoko even though now it seems a little lame to me. It was what kept the friendship I had with Denise going even though we got separated.

It's been quite a good Chinese New Year, it turns out. Joshua invited me to his house on the second day and I had lunch there. The atmosphere was very welcoming. For once, I felt welcome to a person's home on Chinese New Year. I encountered some difficulty while arriving, mainly cos Joshua chose to take the "short-cut" (some short-cut is was..) and i slipped a little in the mud. He's short-cut was a steep slope down into the playground that was beside his flat. And I didn't know it was that steep.. I had some balancing problems so I dirtied myslef quite a bit.

And it amazing me that Joshua's kitchen toilet has no soap for a clean-up. LOL. Any how, I got clean and I scrubbed most of the dirt out of my slippers (good thing I didn't wear the new shoes I bought recently).

We ate something called 'steamboat' (that's the English meaning. I dunno the Chinese one) and it was kinda good. I didn't know how the whoel thing works at first (I'm very not Chinese) and Joshua's mum had to help (sits there wide-eyed and trying not to be a disturbance) me dish out the cooked food from the giant steamer in the centre of the table. And it was yummy and I never new Joshua could eat that much since he usually eats really little (sometimes not at all) during recess in school and at Jordon's house.

We played computer games after that. It was a lot of fun!! We played Boxhead, Cooperative mode and we scored up to 156 million together! I actually didn't really take much interest in that game in the past but it's actually fun if you play if with a friend.

All in all, it was a great Friday. I wonder if we could do it again next year but I don't wanna trouble Joshua's parents and my mum's not gonna have it.

Looks like next year's Chinese New Year will be as fucked up as the rest but i'll never forget this year's. Joshua can be a really good friend if he managed his friendship-ness right.

The weekends been quiet, if you ask me. 'Though, it gave me plenty of time to catch up on my comic. I'm currently at page 106!! YEA!!!!

Til the next time I'm free cos the coming week is gonna be hectic with Art Club on Monday and VA Program on every other day of my "already-tiring-like-hell" week.

No comments:

Post a Comment